Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Application For Leave

I need a vacation
Need to unwind
Pack my suitcase
Get away from the grind.

My mind rebels
The body fails
Cut me some slack
Tension prevails.

Stop time from passing
And seasons from changing
Let me take a break
From being alive.

Cus life is a hard enough job to hold
I’m thinking I can’t handle it no more.
Book me a ticket
And allow me to soar.

Give me my paycheck
And a bonus too
So when I’m on holiday
I will not rue

All the years I spent
Working on Life
Gettin worn out
The stress, the strife.

Give me a holiday, please
I really need it
I don’t want to die,
but I don’t want life.

Paid or unpaid,
I don’t care no more
I need to get away
To very far away.

Find me a sub
Train him for the job
But let me get away
To another locale.

Give me a holiday
Let me turn tail
Two weeks will suffice
Exempt me from life.

I need a sabbatical
A very long trough
I need to get away from life
I’ve had it long enough.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good for people to know.